14 Delightful Ways To Celebrate Your Pet's Birthday
Throw your paws up in the air and wave ’em like you just don’t care! It’s party time! Our pets bring joy to our lives every single day. It’s only fair that we treat them to a special day that’s all about them. Whether your pet prefers a low-key gathering or loves being the life of the party, there are plenty of ways you can make your pet’s wishes come true!
Check out some of our favourite ways to celebrate our pets’ birthdays and “gotcha days.”
- The local dog park makes a great party venue. Invite your pup’s closest pals and get ready for the big bash! You might even make some new friends while you’re there.
- Don’t forget the party snacks! Before you plan the menu, check in with your guests to rule out any serious allergies.
- Keep the fresh water flowing! Your pet and guests will need to rehydrate after all that hard partying.
- Why not whip up a batch of peanut butter and apple pup-cakes? They’re sure to be a hit with your canine party guests!
- Or, you can forgo the cake altogether and pick up a stuffed toy that looks like the real thing. It makes a great keepsake too!
- Giving back feels good. Ask your party guests to bring a donation to your local shelter or humane society instead of a gift. It’s an especially nice gesture if you’re commemorating your own pet’s “gotcha day” (the day they joined your family through a shelter adoption).
- Summer party? Bust out the kiddie pool and host a beach themed bash. Be sure you have plenty of cool drinking water on hand for your four-legged partygoers.
- Time for some party games! Play a rousing game of hide-and-seek with your canine guests. Hide treats around the house or yard and have the dogs take turns seeking.
- Dogs and cats decked out in party hats are just begging for a photo op. Well, your pets may not appreciate it, but the scene will probably be too adorable for you to pass up! Who doesn’t love pet photos?
- Impress your guests with your party best. If your pet doesn’t mind, a brand new party dress or bow tie will let everyone know whose special day it is.
- We hate to be a party pooper, but there’s one important thing you have to remember. Don’t leave your pet guests unsupervised! Even if you know your guests well, disputes and scuffles can still happen (especially when party treats are involved). Always keep a watchful eye on your guests so the party doesn’t get out of hand.
- Not every pet is a party animal. If your pet prefers a low-key bash, spend some quality time together at home. Go for a leisurely walk, give them a good brushing, or play a game of fetch in the yard. After all, you don’t need to hold an extravagant party to have a good time and show your pet that you care.
- Pampered pets would appreciate a trip to the grooming salon or spa. Treat your companion to a trim, pedicure, or even a facial.
- If you’re feeling crafty, try your hand at a DIY gift. A homemade catnip toy is a purrfect present for your cat. There are many easy to follow templates online. Happy crafting!
Whatever your reason to celebrate, we hope these ideas inspire you to make this year’s celebration one to remember!
Looking for the perfect birthday gift?
Ensure your pet has the protection they need with coverage from Pets Plus Us.