Our most comprehensive plan is also our most popular! Why do seven out of ten members choose this plan? Because coverage for accidents and illnesses means total peace of mind.
When it comes to your pet's health, having reliable insurance coverage can make a significant difference. Trust Pets Plus Us to be your partner in ensuring your furry friend receives the best care possible. With our Accident and Illness Coverage, you can confidently face any health challenges your pet may encounter, knowing that you have the support you need to keep them happy and healthy. Join us today and be a part of the Pets Plus Us pack!
Total coverage that fits your pet and your budget
It’s important to be prepared in case your pet has an accident. But did you know that 80% of visits to the veterinarian are illness-related?
Accident & Illness coverage of $7,500 or $15,000 annually means you can concentrate on helping your pet recover, without worrying about finances.
How Accident & Illness coverage works
Our Accident and Illness Coverage is designed to provide financial support when your pet faces unexpected health challenges. It covers a wide range of incidents, including accidental injuries like broken bones, cuts, and poisoning, as well as illnesses such as infections and allergies. You can rest assured that with Pets Plus Us coverage, your pet can access necessary medical treatments and care, with less worry about cost.
Coverage is flexible, and so are the fees you pay
- You choose $7,500 or $15,000 in coverage per year
- You decide how much we pay: 70%, 80% or 90% of the veterinary bill (including the tax)
- You pay:
- 10%, 20% or 30% of the veterinary bill, plus your monthly premium
- An age-based deductible and only if you make a claim that year
Dog's age Choose from 0-5 years $100 $200 $300 5-10 years $300 $400 $500 10+ years $500 $600 $700 Cat's age Choose from 0-5 years $100 $200 $300 5-10 years $200 $300 $400 10+ years $300 $400 $500
It’s pet insurance that comes with complete confidence.
Thanks to the veterinarians and pet owners who designed our insurance, we provide pet insurance that puts you and your pet first:
- 4Life Guarantee - All Pets Plus Us coverage comes with our 4Life Guarantee. That means that once you’ve enrolled for coverage, your benefits are automatically guaranteed to renew each year for your pet’s entire lifetime.
- No breed exclusions - we cover every breed, and even health conditions associated with a breed, if they aren’t pre-existing when your coverage starts.
- Know what’s covered from the start - insurers call this “underwriting upfront”. We look at your pet’s health records and tell you if anything’s not covered when you purchase, so there are no surprises later on.
- Annual deductible - once you’ve paid your full deductible for the year, you don’t have to pay it again, even if you have more claims before the year is out. If you don’t make a claim during the year, you don’t pay the deductible.
And don’t worry about age -- no pet is too old for coverage (although it’s a great idea to start early, when there are fewer possible pre-existing health conditions to worry about).
PLUS, $1,000 in additional benefits, per incident, for each of these:
You also get our exclusive Blue Ribbon Benefits
- PetHelpFoneTM - a 24/7 emergency service that’s available when your regular veterinarian is not.
- Compassionate Care Line - our dedicated, professional in-house counsellor can help deal with serious illness, injuries and bereavement.
- Pet Poison Helpline® - a 24/7 animal poison control service that can assist you if you think your pet has ingested a toxic substance.
- Emergency Medical Coverage - $1,000 in pet insurance coverage if your pet incurs a life-threatening injury while lost.
- Includes a paid subscription to Modern Dog or Modern Cat magazine.
We’re not fans of fine print, so here’s a basic list of what’s not included:
While our Accident and Illness Coverage covers many conditions, it's essential to understand its limitations. Pre-existing conditions and elective procedures are excluded, and coverage for them is only possible with a Flex Care plan added. Please review our policy documents for a detailed list of exclusions and limitations.
- Dental care, reproductive health, experimental treatments, and wellness or preventative care, unless a Flex Care plan is added for a little extra each month.
- All pre-existing conditions (i.e. a condition which showed itself, although it may not have been diagnosed, before coverage was effective)
- Conditions that arise within the 48-hour waiting period for accidents and 14-day waiting period for illnesses
Your top questions answered
What is a deductible?
The annual amount that you are responsible for paying before we make a reimbursement under your policy. All Pets Plus Us coverage options include an annual deductible that only applies if you need to make a claim.
What is co-insurance?
The co-insurance is a percentage of what you pay versus what we pay, before your deductible. We call it “your share”. With Pets Plus Us Accident & Illness coverage, you can choose your share – 10%, 20%, or 30% – as well as your deductible, allowing you to set the terms of your plan to meet your needs and budget.
Will you drop my coverage if my pet gets old or sick?
As long as your pet has Pets Plus Us coverage, we will never cancel his or her policy due to age or claims. We understand that pets can develop a chronic illness and need lots of care (just like humans), so all Pets Plus Us Accident & Illness coverage comes with our 4Life Guarantee. That means once your pet is enrolled for coverage, his or her benefits are automatically guaranteed to renew each year. The only cost increase you’ll see is of veterinary care increases.