At Pets Plus Us, getting reimbursed is easier than you think!
1. Take Your Pet for Treatment
- Take your pet(s) to the veterinarian as usual for treatment. You can use any licensed vet in Canada or in the U.S. if you are travelling with your pet.
- Before you leave, pay your veterinarian in full. A final, valid invoice is required to be submitted along with your reimbursement request. The invoice must have an invoice number, your pet’s name, your information, and treatments provided. The invoice must be legible without any payment slips covering the invoice information. We also suggest that you submit medical records with your claims as this can help avoid delays in processing due to the need for additional information.
2. Submit Your Claim
Average Claims Turnaround Time is currently 15-20 calendar days upon receipt of all required information
Visit our Member Centre: Portal.PetsPlusUs.com to submit your reimbursement request online, be sure to include your itemized invoices and any medical documentation to assist with your claim.
If you are not submitting your reimbursement request through our online customer portal, please select a form below to print and fill in the necessary fields.
- Accident and Accident & Illness Claim Form
- Wellness Care/Flex Care Claim Form
- Physical Exam Questionnaire
- Emergency Medical Claim Form
- Lost Pet Advertising and Reward Claim Form
- Trip Cancellation Claim Form
- Boarding, Kennel or Cattery Claim Form
You can submit your paper claim form and copy of the paid in full invoice to Pets Plus Us at:
Pets Plus Us
Suite #400, 710 Dorval Dr
Oakville, ON L6K 3Y1
Claims Fax: 1-855-456-PETS (7387)
3. Receive Your Reimbursement
Changing your reimbursement method from cheque to automatic deposit will help ensure you receive your reimbursement as quickly as possible. Please call us at 1-800-364-8422 if you would like to update your previous selection.
Your top questions answered
Why are there exclusions on my pet's policy?
Pet insurance is designed to protect you from the unexpected. If your pet had any signs or symptoms of a medical issue arise prior to coverage, then it would not be considered unknown or unexpected, and would be viewed as a pre-existing condition. Depending on if the condition is likely to be chronic, like arthritis, then a permanent exclusion would be placed on your pet’s policy. This would mean that any claims related to arthritis would not be eligible for coverage. If a condition could have potentially been a one-time occurrence, such as a bout of vomiting, it is likely that this would be a temporary exclusion of 12 months. Provided that there is no reoccurrence of the condition within this time period, you will be able to have your policy reviewed and request that the exclusion be removed.
It’s important to consider ALL potential accidents or illnesses that can arise in your cat or dog’s lifetime. While you may have some exclusions on your policy, you will still benefit from receiving coverage for a number of other incidents or conditions. If you need more clarity on the exclusions on your policy, please call us to discuss your particular case.
What is a deductible?
A deductible is the annual amount that you are responsible for paying before we make a reimbursement under your policy. Your deductible only needs to be fulfilled once every 12 months and is only applied if you make a claim.
What is a co-insurance?
The co-insurance is the percentage of what you pay vs what we pay, before your deductible (if unfulfilled), for each claim you make. We call it “your share”. With Pets Plus Us Accident coverage, your share is 20%. With Accident & Illness, you can choose your share - 10%, 20%, or 30% - as well as your annual deductible, allowing you to ensure your plan works for you and your budget.
Will you drop my coverage if my pet gets old or sick?
As long as your pet has Pets Plus Us coverage, we will never cancel his or her policy due to age or claims. We understand that pets can develop a chronic illness and need lots of care (just like humans), so all Pets Plus Us Accident & Illness coverage comes with our 4Life Guarantee. That means once your pet is enrolled for coverage, his or her benefits are automatically guaranteed to renew each year. The only cost increase you’ll see is when the cost of veterinary care increases.