Healthy Homemade Dog & Cat Treats
Our yummy frosty green treat is a great way to introduce a different variety of veggies & fruits to your pet who might not be interested in chomping down on some raw kale or parsley!
For this recipe, we used spinach, parsley, mint and pear, but feel free to mix it up, play around and get creative with your greens! You can add any of the fruits and vegetables listed here.
We’ve made this frozen treat using coconut oil, plain Greek yogurt and low sodium chicken broth as the base. Coconut oil has antibacterial properties, is great for their skin and coats and aids in digestion.
For cats, substituting the chicken broth with tuna or fish oil might be a little more enticing and a great way to get those omegas.
It’s also important to use an appropriate size mold or ice cube tray for your pet.
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup spinach (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. of parsley (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh mint (chopped)
- ½ pear (chopped)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut oil, yogurt and broth.
- Add in your choice of green ingredients (stick to only 3-4) and blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to ice cube trays or desired molds and allow to freeze completely.
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container and give as a daily treat or add it to a meal.