Including Your Dog or Cat in the 'Big Day'
You’ve met that special someone, the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. Who better to help you celebrate than your furry family member(s)? Here are some of our favorite, creative and fun ways to include your pet in your wedding plans.
Your pet may be the perfect, unexpected, one to present the ring. Consider attaching it to their collar or to a special bandana around their neck. Have them at the ready for when you pop the question!
If you’re planning engagement photos, your pets can add that special something to create unique, and adorable pictures! Have them be a part of the shoot. You can also incorporate images of your pet(s) in the save-the-date cards, wedding website, and invitations.
Your furry pal can also be a part of the big day! Whether it’s to add a cuteness factor, or to have them serve a purpose in the celebration, there are so many ways to include them. Some of our favorite ideas:
- Include your pet(s) in the getting ready photos. Have your pup or cat pose next to your dress or tuxedo, or next to you as you have your hair done.
- If your dog is obedient, have them sit as a sign holder, directing guests to the ceremony.
- Depending on the size of your pet, consider carrying them in a decorative basket down the aisle, instead of a floral bouquet.
- Dress your pooch in their wedding finest and have them walk down the aisle, either solo (if they’re well behaved!) or as a leashed escort to the flower girl. You could even attach a recording device to your pet’s collar to record their “perspective” of the ceremony.
- Trust your furry pal with ring-bearer responsibilities – with the rings securely fastened to a pillow on their back.
If your pet isn’t able to attend the ceremony, here are some options to incorporate them into the festivities:
- If you’re planning a photo booth, include cut-outs of your pet’s face as a prop.
- Consider a pet-inspired cake topper for the wedding cake.
- Incorporate your pet’s image into the décor: stamped on coasters, signage, or other materials.
- Use your pet’s image to create pet-themed cookies as a wedding favor.
Your pet is such an important part of your life. Keeping their personality in mind, you can determine the best way to include them in your big day. Here’s to a paw-tastic wedding!