All guests must be approved by the dog…or cat welcome mat!
Tell it like it is with our super simple DIY doormat for pet lovers. Personalize it for your own doorstep or make it as a special gift for that dog…or cat-obsessed friend in your life. Make a few and change them out for when your entrance needs a cute refresh or pick-me-up.
Here are a few pet-themed saying ideas:
- Must Love Cats
- Ring Bell, Win A Dog
- Dogs Welcome
- Dog Hair Don’t Care
- Cute Cats Live Here
- All Guests Must Be Approved by the Dog
- Hope You Like Dog Hair
- There’s Like A Bunch of Cats in Here
- The Cat is in Charge, We Just Live Here
- Dogs Welcome
- Home is Where Someone Purrs/Barks to Greet You
- Coir or plain flat doormat
- Chalk paint colour(s) of choice
- Foam brush applicators
- Scotch guard spray (optional)
- Adhesive spray or pushpins (optional)
- Lay out the mat and desired stencil. (Note: Use a light adhesive spray or push pins to hold stencils in place.)
- Using a small amount of paint on your foam applicator, start dabbing paint onto the stencil. Keep going until complete.
- Ensure paint is dry and then remove stencils from your mat.
- Place doormat outside the front door or entryway.
- Sit back and watch all your neighbours’ tails wag with envy.
Caring for Your Doormat:
We recommended keeping your doormat out of direct sun and rain to prolong its life. Using a Scotch guard spray will help it hold up against extreme weather conditions. These mats will do best in covered areas like your porch, patio or entryways.
Sign up for our Community Kibble newsletter or subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay up-to-date on the latest information, tips, tricks and more!