Who doesn’t love a little pumpkin spice during the fall season? Well, now your pets can get in on the action too! Did you know, canned natural pumpkin (not pie filling) has many benefits for dogs and cats? Pumpkin is a great source of fiber for our furry friends, and this special treat makes a fall fan favourite for any dog or cat!
Ingredients and Materials Needed:
- Mini muffin tin
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup kibble or treats (your pet’s regular kibble or cookie treats will do)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp natural pumpkin
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crush or grind kibble or cookies to a fine texture.
- Mix crushed kibble with coconut oil and honey.
Place small amount in muffin and press mixture down for a solid cookie base.
- Combine eggs, pumpkin, and yogurt. Mix well.
Pour egg, pumpkin, and yogurt mixture into mini cups and place in oven.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Take out of oven and let cool.
Sprinkle with cinnamon or place a dollop of pumpkin on top (optional).
Store in air tight containers in the fridge or freezer.