A snuffle mat is an easy to make homemade toy that provides your dog or cat with the opportunity to sniff and search their way through fleece strips in search of kibble or treats. This is a great way to provide mental stimulation and focus for your pet. It also works as a great slow feeder for cats!
It’s basically a rubber mat tied with lots and lots of fleece fabric strips – so let’s get started!
- Rubber Sink or Door Mat with Holes (cut to desired size)
- Washable fleece fabric or cloths
1. Cut your mat to desired size.
2. Cut your fabric into 1 inch wide, 8 - 10-inch length strips.
3. Take one strip and push one end through a mat hole and then then take the other end of the fabric strip and feed it through the hold next to the first one. Flip the rubber mat over and tie the fabric strip into a knot.
4. Repeat this step until the entire mat is full and there are no empty spots.
5. Turn the mat over and give it a good shake to remove any fleece particles. Sprinkle with treats or kibble and let your pet explore, sniff and search!
Watch our video tutorial, and other great PET DIY’s: