Don’t forget about your feline friends during the warmer months. They enjoy the sunshine and warmth just as much as we do, but can also heat up quickly. Cool them down with these super easy frozen treats.
What You Will Need:
- A small shapes ice cube tray
- 1 can of cat food or canned tuna or salmon (in water)
- ½ cup water
- A mixing bowl or blender
- A ziploc bag (optional)
- For a chunky treat, mash up canned food or tuna in a mixing bowl with about ½ cup of water.
- For a smooth treat, mix canned food or tuna in a blender with about ½ cup of water.
- Fill your ziploc bag with the mix and cut a small hole in one end. This helps to keep the mixture from spilling all over the place.
- Fill your ice cube tray and place in the freezer for a few hours or until frozen.
- When treats are frozen, pop one or two treats out and let your cats have a taste! Great to keep on hand as a treat for hot summer days. Store covered in freezer for up to six months.