About Pets Plus Us
We are a values-led, people-powered company with a fresh approach to insurance and corporate culture. We looked at the banal world of pet insurance and decided it needed a big shake-up. So we set out to do things differently and created a distinct offering with a pet owner community at its core. Our number one job is to serve the members of our community and keep them happy. It’s that simple. We thrive on a fun, fast and flexible working environment. Everyone on our team wears many hats and rolls up their sleeves to crack entrepreneurial challenges every day. We recognize and reward our people on the basis of living our values and achieving audacious goals. Did we mention our offices are pet friendly?
About the Job
At Pets Plus Us, we are on a crusade to Champion Pet Owner Happiness. So to put it simply - your job, like all of our jobs, is to keep our members happy. We believe that with this as our core focus – we can become the fastest growing pet insurance company in Canada by 2015. Our success formula is this:
- Transform the perceived value of pet insurance
- Create a culture that ignites relentless innovation
- Cultivate a stronger, more connected pet owner community
- You are fluent in English and French (being bilingual is a requirement)
- You crave working in a fun, vibrant environment.
- You value an open, flat working environment – transparency is your weapon of choice. (And if you find yourself wondering how open and how flat - our executives don’t even have offices!)
- You will do what it takes to get the job done and are the reason clichés like “there is no ‘I’ in team” and ‘go the extra mile’ exist.
- You see cats and dogs and have a Pavlovian desire to play with them.
- Keeping pet owners happy is what makes you wag your tail.
- Able to talk to dogs and cats and convince their owners (members) that prevention and health coverage is what they are asking for.
- You have a self-taught Masters in ‘Pet Understanding’.
- Your enthusiasm for brilliant member service is 'Purr-fect'.
- You're a quick learner and always looking to learn new tricks.
- You own the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- You are comfortable using a computer and are familiar with Microsoft Office
Sound like you? Well, Hello. Salut. Woof. Meow. We’d like to meet you!
If you’ve made it this far, we owe you more details about your role…
- Address incoming calls service and sales calls, intermediary calls, email enquiries and provide appropriate solutions.
- Completion of successful outbound campaign calls and outbound member calls
- Coach members through our various Pets Plus Us ‘Pact’ memberships
- Enrol new members in their customized monthly membership and retain existing members
- Work closely with other Customer Advocates and Pets Plus Us ‘pack’ leaders to champion pet owner happiness by providing brilliant member service.
- Insurance licensing is required (Pets Plus Us will assist with learning and obtaining licensing).
- The ideal Pets Plus Us Advocate is flexible in a shift environment.
- What we are trying to say is you get things done the right way; you have fun and make work fun for those around you!
Based on experience (how excited do you get about pet treats?)
Occupational hazards at Pets Plus Us
Your co-workers may have a pet cuter than yours.
How to apply
Please complete this form and send it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting will remain active until positions are filled. This is a permanent position based out of our Oakville, ON office.