THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (THE “TERMS & CONDITIONS”), AS MAY BE AMENDED BY PETS PLUS US a division of PTZ INSURANCE SERVICES LTD., GOVERN THE CHAMPION AWARDS PROGRAM (THE “AWARD PROGRAM”) DESCRIBED BELOW. BY NOMINATING AND/OR ENTERING THIS PROGRAM YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH EACH PROVISION OF THESE RULES, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE AWARDS PROGRAM.
Awards shall be given in the following Categories (each, a “Category”, collectively, the “Categories”):
- Veterinary Practice
- Veterinarian or Veterinary staff member
- Community Outreach
- Shelter and Rescue
- Pet Owner
No purchase is required. The AWARD PROGRAM is managed and sponsored by Pets Plus Us, a division of PTZ Insurance Services Ltd. (the “SPONSOR”). This AWARD PROGRAM is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
- The Nomination Period commences at 8:30 a.m. (E.S.T.) on June 15th, 2017 and concludes at 5:30 p.m. (E.S.T.) on August 17th, 2017 (the “NOMINATION PERIOD”). To be eligible, Entries (as defined below) must be submitted and received through the contest website located at www.petsplusus.com/championawards during the NOMINATION PERIOD.
- Individuals being nominated (the “NOMINEES”) must: (i) not have been a previous CHAMPION (as defined below) in the AWARD PROGRAM; and (ii) must be currently be a resident of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their respective province or territory, excluding residents of Quebec and the Program organizers. Individuals submitting the Nominations (as defined below) (the “PARTICIPANTS”) must be residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their respective province or territory, excluding residents of Quebec and the Program organizers.
- To be eligible, Nominations must be submitted during the NOMINATION PERIOD. Each Participant is allowed to submit a maximum of one (1) entry (each, an “Entry”) via the Online Nomination Form and all requested fields must be completed to be considered. A 300 - 500 word Reason for Nomination is included in the Online Nomination Form.
- There is no limit to the number of Nominations one PARTICIPANT may make in any Category.
- Each Nominee may only be nominated in one Category.
- Nominees may not nominate themselves.
- For the purposes of validating all Nominations, a Participant making the Nomination must register his/her contact information.
- Champion Award Nominations will only be accepted during the NOMINATION PERIOD.
- A Nomination confirmation email will be sent upon completion and submission of the Online Nomination Form. The SPONSOR accepts no responsibility for delayed, missed, or incomplete Nominations.
VOTING: (for Nominee Finalists)
- Voting commences at 8:30 a.m. (EST) on August 29th, 2017 and concludes at 5:30 p.m. (EST) on October 12th, 2017 (the “VOTING PERIOD”). All voting will take place through the contest website located at www.petsplusus.com/championawards during the VOTING PERIOD.
- All Canadians, excluding residents of Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their respective province, are eligible to vote online to select Champion Award finalists during the VOTING PERIOD.
- Only one vote per Category per person may be made daily, throughout the VOTING PERIOD.
- As a result of online voting, a maximum of five (5) Champion Award finalists will be selected for each of the (7) Champion Awards, one (1) Bestie Award, and one (1) Pack Pick Award.
JUDGING: (for Champion, Bestie and Pack Pick awards)
- Award Judging will take place from the closing of the VOTING PERIOD to October 27th, 2017 (the “JUDGING PERIOD”).
- A panel of judges (the “JUDGING PANEL”) will select and award:
a. for each of the seven (7) Categories, among the Category’s five (5) finalists, a winner (each a "CHAMPION" and collectively. the "CHAMPIONS); and
b. among the seven (7) Champions, one (1) Bestie Award winner.
- Pets Plus Us staff will select one (1) nominee who is not a finalist to win the Pack Pick Award.
- At least half of the Judging Panel will be independent of the Sponsor. The names of the JUDGING PANEL and the subjective criteria for their decisions may be made available upon written request. Such requests should be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In selecting the CHAMPIONS and the Bestie Award winner, the JUDGING PANEL will subjectively base their decisions on the contents of the Online Nomination Forms/Statement and not on the number of Nominations or votes received.
- The decision of the JUDGING PANEL will be final and binding on all NOMINEES and PARTICIPANTS.
- The Category finalists, CHAMPIONS, Bestie Award and Pack Pick winner will be announced on October 27th, 2017.
- CHAMPIONS will each receive the following prize (a “PRIZE”), valued at a total of approximately One Thousand and Six Hundred Canadian Dollars ($1,600.00CAD):
a. One Thousand and Five Hundred Canadian Dollars ($1,500.00CAD) to be donated to the charity or non-profit organization of their choice; and
b. A Champion Award Memento (i.e., a Trophy or Plaque), valued at approximately One Hundred Canadian Dollars ($100.00CAD).
- The PRIZES must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable.
- Each CHAMPION will be contacted by telephone by a designated representative of the SPONSOR and will need to verify their eligibility prior to claiming their respective PRIZE. The PRIZES will be sent to the CHAMPIONS by regular mail or sent by courier. The CHAMPIONS must also sign a declaration of compliance with these TERMS & CONDITIONS, including answering a skill-testing question (collectively, the “DECLARATION & RELEASE”) before their respective PRIZE is mailed/couriered to them.
- By entering this AWARD PROGRAM, NOMINEES and PARTICIPANTS also consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information provided at the time of registration by the SPONSOR and/or its agents and promotional agencies for the administration of this AWARD PROGRAM.
- By signing the DECLARATION & RELEASE, the NOMINEES and CHAMPIONS shall also agree to allow the SPONSOR to use their first name and location for internal and external marketing purposes, which include but are not limited to, social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, etc.), online websites, printed material, and other advertising channels and outlets, without any payment, compensation or other liability or obligation to the CHAMPIONS.
- Any and all rights, titles, licenses and interests of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, for all Nominations and any subsequent testimonials shall be owned by the Sponsor.
- This AWARD PROGRAM is subject to all federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
- These TERMS & CONDITIONS may be amended by the SPONSOR at any time without notice to the NOMINEES or PARTICIPANTS.
- The SPONSOR and its affiliated and/or subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives are not liable for faulty computer components, software or links, viruses, the loss or non-existence of communications capability, or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that render a PARTICIPANT or NOMINEE ineligible for this AWARD PROGRAM. No responsibility will be taken for lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, destroyed or illegible Entries. PARTICIPANTS or NOMINEES found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this AWARD PROGRAM, as solely determined by the SPONSOR, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, the SPONSOR reserves the right to terminate a PARTICIPANT or NOMINEE's eligibility to participate in this AWARD PROGRAM.
- These Terms and Conditions supersede any and all previous agreements and interpretations made by the SPONSOR. Any clarification or enquires should be directed to the SPONSOR’s Legal Department at email@example.com.