THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (THE “TERMS & CONDITIONS”), AS MAY BE AMENDED BY PETS PLUS US a division of PTZ INSURANCE SERVICES LTD., GOVERN THE CHAMPION AWARDS PROGRAM (THE “AWARD PROGRAM”) DESCRIBED BELOW. BY NOMINATING AND/OR ENTERING THIS PROGRAM YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH EACH PROVISION OF THESE RULES, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE AWARDS PROGRAM.
Three (3) equal prizes of $3,000.00 will be awarded in the following prizing to each prize winner. (Allotted amount will be $1,500.00 to each winner and $1,500.00 to each winner’s ‘pet charity’ of choice for a total prize winning of $3,000.00).
No purchase is required. The AWARD PROGRAM is managed and sponsored by Pets Plus Us, a division of PTZ Insurance Services Ltd. (the “SPONSOR”). This AWARD PROGRAM is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
- The Nomination Period commences at 8:30 a.m. (E.S.T.) on September 1st, 2018 and concludes at 11:59 p.m. (E.S.T.) on September 30th, 2018 (the “NOMINATION PERIOD”). To be eligible, Entries (as defined below) must be submitted and received through the contest website located at www.petsplusus.com/championawards during the NOMINATION PERIOD.
- Individuals being nominated (the “NOMINEES”) must: (i) not have been a previous CHAMPION (as defined below) in the AWARD PROGRAM; and (ii) must be a living and current resident of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their respective province or territory, excluding residents of Quebec and the Program organizers. Individuals submitting the Nominations (as defined below) (the “PARTICIPANTS”) must be residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their respective province or territory, excluding residents of Quebec and the Program organizers.
- To be eligible, Nominations must be submitted during the NOMINATION PERIOD. Each Participant must submit their entry via the Online Nomination Form and all requested fields must be completed to be considered. A 300 - 500-word Reason for Nomination is included in the Online Nomination Form.
- There is no limit to the number of Nominations one PARTICIPANT may make.
- Nominees may not nominate themselves.
- For the purposes of validating all Nominations, a Participant making the Nomination must register his/her contact information.
- Champion Award Nominations will only be accepted during the NOMINATION PERIOD.
- A Nomination confirmation email will be sent upon completion and submission of the Online Nomination Form. The SPONSOR accepts no responsibility for delayed, missed, or incomplete Nominations.
- Award Judging will take place from the closing of the NOMINATION PERIOD to October 19th, 2018 (the “JUDGING PERIOD”).
- Pets Plus Us Committee will select twenty (20) nominees to present to the judging panel to select the final three (3) winners.
- A panel of judges (the “JUDGING PANEL”) will select and award the three (3) winning prizes.
- At least half of the Judging Panel will be independent of the Sponsor. The names of the JUDGING PANEL and the subjective criteria for their decisions may be made available upon written request. Such requests should be sent in writing to [email protected]
- In selecting the CHAMPIONS, the Pets Plus Us Committee and JUDGING PANEL will subjectively base their decisions on the contents of the Online Nomination Forms/Statement and not on the number of Nominations received.
- The decision of the JUDGING PANEL will be final and binding on all NOMINEES and PARTICIPANTS.
- The Three (3) finalists, and CHAMPION winners will be announced on October 29th, 2018.
- CHAMPIONS will each receive the following prize (a “PRIZE”), valued at a total of approximately Three Thousand and One Hundred Canadian Dollars ($3,100.00CAD):
- The PRIZES must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable.
a) One Thousand and Five Hundred Canadian Dollars ($1,500.00CAD) to be allotted to winner and the donated ‘pet-charity’ of their choice; and
b) A Champion Award Memento (i.e., a Trophy or Plaque), valued at approximately One Hundred Canadian Dollars ($100.00CAD).
- Each CHAMPION will be contacted by telephone by a designated representative of the SPONSOR and will need to verify their eligibility prior to claiming their respective PRIZE. The PRIZES will be sent to the CHAMPIONS by regular mail or sent by courier. The CHAMPIONS must also sign a declaration of compliance with these TERMS & CONDITIONS, including answering a skill-testing question (collectively, the “DECLARATION & RELEASE”) before their respective PRIZE is mailed/couriered to them.
- By entering this AWARD PROGRAM, NOMINEES and PARTICIPANTS also consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information provided at the time of registration by the SPONSOR and/or its agents and promotional agencies for the administration of this AWARD PROGRAM.
- By signing the DECLARATION & RELEASE, the NOMINEES and CHAMPIONS shall also agree to allow the SPONSOR to use their first name and location for internal and external marketing purposes, which include but are not limited to, social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, etc.), online websites, printed material, and other advertising channels and outlets, without any payment, compensation or other liability or obligation to the CHAMPIONS.
- Any and all rights, titles, licenses and interests of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, for all Nominations and any subsequent testimonials shall be owned by the Sponsor.
- This AWARD PROGRAM is subject to all federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
- These TERMS & CONDITIONS may be amended by the SPONSOR at any time without notice to the NOMINEES or PARTICIPANTS.
- The SPONSOR and its affiliated and/or subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives are not liable for faulty computer components, software or links, viruses, the loss or non-existence of communications capability, or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that render a PARTICIPANT or NOMINEE ineligible for this AWARD PROGRAM. No responsibility will be taken for lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, destroyed or illegible Entries. PARTICIPANTS or NOMINEES found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this AWARD PROGRAM, as solely determined by the SPONSOR, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, the SPONSOR reserves the right to terminate a PARTICIPANT or NOMINEE's eligibility to participate in this AWARD PROGRAM.
- These Terms and Conditions supersede any and all previous agreements and interpretations made by the SPONSOR. Any clarification or enquires should be directed to the SPONSOR’s Legal Department at [email protected].