‘Tis the season for barbecue! How many times has your dog given you those puppy-dog eyes while you’re barbecuing? We know, it’s hard to resist and that’s why we created a dog-friendly hamburger recipe. Now your entire family can enjoy hamburgers together.
Check out our recipe video to meet our taste-tester, Harley, who is a 5-month-old Golden Doodle and Australian Labradoodle mix.
To make four hamburgers, you’ll need:
- ½ pound of ground beef
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup of spinach
- ¼ cucumbers, sliced
- 2-3 cups of rice
- A cupcake pan
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions. Using your hands, roll each portion into a ball, then flatten each one to make them about 1-inch-thick.
- Cook patties at medium high heat for 5 minutes, or until they’re cooked through.
- For cheeseburgers, add cheese slices during the last minute of cooking.
- Assemble your burger and add the cucumbers, strawberries and spinach as a healthy topping for your dog.
- To make the rice buns
- Add your rice to rice-cooker or stove pot and cook until ready.
- Scoop the cooked rice into the cupcake pans and pack down with your spoon.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes until cool and hardened.
- Pop the rice out of the cupcake pan and voila, you have a rice bun!
If your dog is like Harley, he will take the patty and run! As a puppy excited by this special treat, he wasn’t taking his time chewing the patty. So once you get your shots for social media, you can cut the burger up into smaller pieces to make it easier for your dog to chew.
Did you make this recipe?
Access the latest tips on lifestyle, health, and other pet-related topics in our Pets Plus Us Blog.