Your dog is always there for you – greeting you when you come home with an enthusiastic wag of the tail, or curled up on your lap ready to relax. On August 26th, treat your furry pal to some pampering and extra special attention in celebration of National Dog Day! Here are some ideas that your pup will love:
- Make some homemade treats – food is often the way to your dog’s heart. Homemade treats can be a delicious and nutritious way to show your pup some extra love.
- Let them pick out their own toy at the pet store – a trip to the pet store might be a fun activity all on its own. But letting your pup sniff out their next favorite toy will take the experience to a new level!
- Treat both of you by checking into a pet-friendly hotel – if you’re looking to splurge a little, consider checking into a pet-friendly hotel near home or in a new city (bonus points if it’s near a great pet-friendly walking trail).
- Group walk with some neighbourhood pals – social time is fun time. Check in with your other pup-owning pals and get a group together for a walk in the neighbourhood or a group trip to the dog park.
- Build an obstacle course in the backyard – give your dog a backyard they’ll love with a DIY obstacle course built just for them It may be exactly the treat your pup has been longing for.