THESE OFFICIAL RULES (THE “RULES”), AS MAY BE AMENDED BY PTZ
INSURANCE SERVICES LTD., AND PTZ INSURANCE AGENCY, LTD. GOVERN THE
“10TH ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY” (THE “DRAW”) DESCRIBED BELOW. BY
ENTERING THIS DRAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ,
UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT
AGREE WITH EACH PROVISION OF THESE RULES, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE
IN THE DRAW.
This promotion is managed and sponsored by Pets Plus Us, a division of PTZ Insurance
Services Ltd., located at 700-710 Dorval Drive, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 3V7, Canada if
you are a resident of Canada and Pets Plus Us, a division of PTZ Insurance Agency
Ltd., located at 3315 Algonquin Road, Suite 310, Rolling Meadows, IL, 60008, United
States of America if you are a resident of the United States of America. (collectively, the
“Sponsor”). This promotion and Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered
by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
PERIOD AND ELIGIBILITY
1. This promotion will commence on April 11th, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (E.S.T.)
and will conclude at 11:59 p.m. (E.S.T.) on April 18th, 2023 (the “Eligibility
2. The Draw is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and the
50 United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of
majority in their province or state of domicile at the time of entry (each, a
“Participant”, collectively, the “Participants”), except where prohibited by
3. Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, employees and their
immediate family members, and any entity involved in the implementation,
administration, judging or fulfillment of the Draw are not eligible to
4. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
HOW TO ENTER
1. To be eligible, entries must be submitted during the Eligibility Period. Each
Participant is allowed to submit a maximum of one (1) entry (each, an
“Entry”) for each of the following four (4) methods:
a. one (1) Entry will be awarded for commenting on the contest post on the
Pets Plus Us page on Facebook
b. one (1) Entry will be awarded for responding to the contest Tweet,
retweeting the post and following Pets Plus Us page on Twitter
c. one (1) Entry will be awarded for commenting on the contest post, sharing
the post and following Pets Plus Us on Instagram.
d. One (1) Entry will be awarded for emailing [email protected]
A maximum of four (4) Entries are allowed per Participant.
5. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
HOW TO WIN
6. One (1) winner, who is a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec), the
United States of America or the District of Columbia will be chosen in a
random drawing from among all eligible entries collected during the
Eligibility Period, at the Sponsor’s head offices located at 710 Dorval Drive,
Suite 700, Oakville, Ontario, Canada, L6K 3V7.
7. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant or winner and may
refuse to award a Prize to anyone who is not eligible or has violated a rule,
gained unfair advantage, or obtained winner status using fraudulent
8. The winner, if a resident of Canada, will be required to answer a time limited
mathematical skill testing question without assistance (including the use of
electronic computing devices) in order to claim the Prize.
9. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries
received throughout the Eligibility Period.
LIMITATIONS ON WINNING
9. A Participant cannot win more than one (1) Prize within twelve (12)
10. The Prize will be awarded to one (1) winner after the Eligibility Period, and
will consist of one PetSmart gift card or e-giftcard, valued at $100
Canadian dollars (if winner is a resident of Canada) or $100 US dollars (if
winner is a resident of the United States).
11. There will only be one (1) Prize awarded per selected Entry.
12. The Prize will be delivered to the winner by regular mail or by courier for
gift cards, or delivered electronically for an e-giftcard. Any expenses
related to the delivery of the Prize will be covered by Sponsor.
13. By claiming the Prize, the winner agrees to allow the Sponsor to use their
first name and location for internal and external marketing purposes, which
include but are not limited to, social media (i.e. Facebook, Instagram,
Twitter, YouTube, blogs, etc.), online websites, printed material, and other
advertising channels and outlets, without any payment, compensation or
other liability or obligation to the Winner. The winner understands that they
are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook,
Instagram or Twitter.
14. The winner of the Prize agrees to accept the Prize “as is” and
acknowledges that the Prize is not transferable or convertible to cash.
Sponsor may substitute a Prize at any time at similar value.
15. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator, is in any manner responsible or liable
for any warranty, representation, or guarantee relative to the Prize,
including warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier.
16. The winner will be notified via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and then
asked to send a direct message to the Sponsor and will need to verify their
eligibility prior to claiming their respective Prize. The Winner will be
required to provide their full name, mailing address, and email address to
the Sponsor for delivery of the Prize.
17. The winner will have thirty (30) days from notification to respond and claim
18. Should a winner not claim their prize within thirty (30) days of notification,
the winner will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn by the
19. The Participant agrees that the Sponsor may post the Entry on Sponsor
owned or controlled websites, viewing galleries, social media platforms,
and use the Entry as part of press releases. Further, submitting an Entry
constitutes Participant’s waiver of all moral right in and to such Entry in
favor of the Sponsor or anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use such
Entry. The Participant represents and warrants that: (i) the Entry does not
contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, profane or obscene, (ii)
the Entry is original and all right, title, and interest (including copyright)
therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by the Participant to the full
extent necessary to enable the Sponsor to use the Entry as contemplated
by these Rules; and (iii) the Entry does not infringe upon the intellectual
property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party.
20. By submitting the Entry to the Sponsor in connection with the Draw, the
Participant shall retain all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and
to the Entry, and shall grant the Sponsor a worldwide, gratuitous,
irrevocable, and exclusive license to copy, use, modify, reproduce, display,
adapt and transmit the Entry for use in all media now known or hereafter
devised in perpetuity beginning on the date of submission, including, but
not limited to, in connection with the administration, promotion and
exploitation of the Draw. The Participant hereby confirms that the Entry is
an original work, solely created by the Participant, and that no third party
participated as an author, co-author, photographer or otherwise in the
creation of the Entry or any part thereof. The Sponsor assumes no
responsibility for any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy
and/or personality, and all such liabilities shall remain with the Participant.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
21. If you are a resident of Canada, these Rules shall be governed by the laws
of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein
without regard to its choice of law provisions and all disputes hereunder
shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario,
Canada. If you are a resident of the United States of America, these Rules
shall be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois, and the laws of the
United States of America applicable therein without regard to its choice of
law provisions and all disputes hereunder shall be subject to the
jurisdiction of the court of the State of Illinois, United States of America.
22. The winner may be required to complete and sign a liability release or
similar documents as outlined by Sponsor and, except where prohibited by
law, a publicity release which must be returned via email within ten (10)
business days of receipt.
23. By entering the Draw and in case of winning the Prize, the winner agrees
to the use of his or her name, location and image in any publicity material,
as well as their entry.
24. Information submitted with an entry is subject to the Pets Plus Us Privacy
Policy which may be viewed at https://www.petsplusus.com/privacy. By
entering the Draw, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the
provide will be maintained on the Sponsor’s server in accordance the Pets
25. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, or amend the Draw, and these
Rules effective immediately without notice in the event of an anticipated
breach of any applicable laws or regulations, or any other event outside of
the Sponsor’s control. Any changes to the Draw will be noted in these
26. The Sponsor does not accept any responsibility for Entries that are not
27. The Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and their respective affiliated
companies, advertising and promotional agencies, directors, officers,
employees, agents and representatives are not liable for faulty computer
components, software or links, viruses, the loss or non-existence of
communications capability, or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or
erased computer or network transmissions that render a Participant
ineligible for this Contest. No responsibility will be taken for lost, stolen,
misdirected, delayed, destroyed or illegible Entries. Participants found
tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined
by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above
abuses, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate a Participant's
eligibility to participate in this Contest.
28. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are completely released of all liability by
each Participant in this Contest.
29. For a copy of these Official Rules or any legally required winner list, send a
self-addressed, stamped envelope to Pets Plus Us ATTN: Marketing
Department –10th Anniversary Giveaway, 700-710 Dorval Drive, Oakville,
Ontario, L6K 3V7, Canada if you are domiciled in Canada, or 3315
Algonquin Road, Suite 310, Rolling Meadows, IL, 60008, United States of
America if you are domiciled in the United States of America. Rules and
winner list requests must be received within six (6) months of the end of
the Eligibility Period. No mechanically reproduced or photocopies requests
allowed; only one (1) request per outer mailing envelope. Vermont
residents may omit return postages for rules requests.
30. This Draw is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
31. For questions about participation, please email
BY ENTERING THE DRAW, THE PARTICIPANT AGREES, ON BEHALF OF
HIMSELF/HERSELF, HIS/HER HEIRS, EXECUTORS, REPRESENTATIVES,
ASSIGNS, ADMINISTRATORS, AND NEXT OF KIN TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD
HARMLESS AND TO RELEASE PTZ INSURANCE SERVICES LTD., PTZ
INSURANCE AGENCY, LTD., ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS,
PARENT COMPANIES AND AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES FROM ANY
AND ALL LIABILITY OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO OR IN ANY
WAY ARISING FROM THIS DRAW, PARTICIPATION IN ANY DRAW-RELATED
ACTIVITY; AND/OR DELIVERY/MISDELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE,
OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LIABILITY FOR
PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING WRONGFUL DEATH OR
DISABILITY), DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY OTHER