Accidents happen. No matter how hard you try to help your pet avoid trouble, they sometimes find it anyway. Accident coverage ensures you are ready for the unexpected.
Take some of the stress out of an accident
Nobody feels good after an accident. But if you’re prepared, it can make things a little easier. You’ll be able to choose the best care for your pet, without worrying about the bills.
How Accident coverage works
- You get $5,000 in coverage per year for medically necessary services to treat injuries from one or more accidents
- We reimburse 80% of the veterinary fees (including the tax)
- You pay:
- The remaining 20%, plus your monthly premium
- An annual deductible of $100 and only if you make a claim that year
It’s pet insurance that comes with complete confidence
Thanks to the veterinarians and pet owners who designed our insurance, we provide pet insurance that puts you and your pet first:
- 4Life Guarantee - All Pets Plus Us coverage comes with our 4Life Guarantee. That means that once you’ve enrolled for coverage, your benefits are automatically guaranteed to renew each year for your pet’s entire lifetime.
- Annual deductible - once you’ve paid your full deductible for the year, you don’t have to pay it again, even if you have more claims before the year is out. If you don’t make a claim during the year, you don’t pay the deductible.
Emergency care for all injuries from an accident, including:
PLUS, $1,000 in additional benefits, per incident, for each of these:
We’re not fans of fine print, so here’s a basic list of what’s not included:
- Illnesses and routine preventive veterinary care
- All pre-existing conditions (i.e. a condition which showed itself, although it may not have been diagnosed, before coverage was effective)
- Anything not caused by an accident
- Accidents that occur within the 48-hour waiting period
Check out our full coverage information and details about exclusions in our User Guides.
Your top questions answered
What is a deductible?
The annual amount that you are responsible for paying before we make a reimbursement under your policy. All Pets Plus Us coverage options include an annual deductible that only applies if you need to make a claim.
What is a co-pay?
The co-pay is a percentage of what you pay versus what we pay, before your deductible. We call it “your share”. With Pets Plus Us Accident coverage, your share is 20% of costs before the annual deductible.
Can I use my own veterinarian?
You can take your pet to any licensed veterinarian — even specialists and emergency care providers. Pets Plus Us also covers the cost of care from a licensed veterinarian in the U.S. should something happen while you are travelling.