THESE OFFICIAL RULES (THE “RULES”), AS MAY BE AMENDED BY PTZ INSURANCE SERVICES LTD., AND PTZ INSURANCE AGENCY LTD. GOVERN THE “BEST FRIEND DAY PRIZE DRAW” (THE “DRAW”) DESCRIBED BELOW. BY ENTERING THIS DRAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH EACH PROVISION OF THESE RULES, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE DRAW.
This promotion is managed and sponsored by Pets Plus Us ®, a division of PTZ Insurance Services Ltd., located at 700-710 Dorval Drive, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 3V7, Canada if you are domiciled in Canada and Pets Plus Us ®, a division of PTZ Insurance Agency Ltd., located at 3315 Algonquin Road, Suite 450, Rolling Meadows, IL, 60008, United States of America if you are domiciled in the United States of America. (the “Sponsor”). This weekly promotion and Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
PERIOD AND ELIGIBILITY
- This promotion will commence on June 8th 2021 at 8:30 a.m. (E.S.T.) and will conclude at 8:30 a.m. (E.S.T.) on Friday, June 11th (the “Eligibility Period”).
- The Draw is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their province or state of domicile at the time of entry (each, a “Participant”, collectively, the “Participants”).
- Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, employees and their immediate family members, and any entity involved in the implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Draw are not eligible to participate.
HOW TO ENTER
- To be eligible, entries must be submitted during the Eligibility Period. Each Participant is allowed to submit a maximum of one (1) entry (each, an “Entry”) for each of the following four (4) methods:
- one (1) Entry will be awarded for commenting on the contest post on the Pets Plus Us® Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/PetsPlusUsInsurance);
- one (1) Entry will be awarded for sharing the contest post on the Pets Plus Us® Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PetsPlusUsInsurance);
- one (1) Entry will be awarded for replying to the contest post, retweeting it and following Pets Plus Us® on twitter, (https://twitter.com/PetsPlusUsIns).
- one (1) Entry will be awarded for commenting on the contest post, tagging two friends, sharing it to your story and following Pets Plus Us® on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/petsplusus/).
A maximum of four (4) Entries are allowed per Participant.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
HOW TO WIN
- One (1) winner, based in either Canada and/or the United States of America will be chosen in a random drawing from among all eligible entries collected during the Eligibility Period, at the Sponsor’s head offices located at 710 Dorval Drive, Suite 700, Oakville, Ontario, Canada, L6K 3V7, every Wednesday.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant or winner and may refuse to award a Prize to anyone who is not eligible or has violated a rule, gained unfair advantage, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means.
- Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the Eligibility Period.
- The Prize will be awarded to one (1) winner after the Eligibility Period each week, and will consist of one PetSmart gift card or e-giftcard, valued at $100 Canadian dollars (if winner is domiciled in Canada) or $100 US dollars (if winner is domiciled in the United States).
- There will only be one (1) Prize awarded per selected Entry.
- The Prize will be delivered to the Winner by regular mail or by courier for gift cards, or delivered electronically for an e-giftcard. Any expenses related to the delivery of the Prize will be covered by Sponsor.
- By claiming the Prize, the winner agrees to allow the Sponsor to use their first name and location for internal and external marketing purposes, which include but are not limited to, social media (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, etc.), online websites, printed material, and other advertising channels and outlets, without any payment, compensation or other liability or obligation to the Winner. The Participant understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The winner of the Prize agrees to accept the Prize “as is” and acknowledges that the weekly Prize is not transferable or convertible to cash. Sponsor may substitute a Prize at any time at similar value.
- Neither Sponsor nor Administrator, is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee relative to the Prize, including warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier.
- The Winner will be notified via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and then asked to send a direct message to the Sponsor and will need to verify their eligibility prior to claiming their respective Prize. The Winner will be required to provide their telephone number and address to the Sponsor for delivery of the Prize, and will also be required to answer a time limited mathematical skill testing questions without assistance (including the use of electronic computing devices) in order to claim the Prize.
- The winner will have thirty (30) days from notification to respond and claim the Prize.
- Should a winner not claim their prize within thirty (30) days of notification, the winner will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn by the Sponsor.
- The Participant agrees that the Sponsor may post the Entry on Sponsor owned or controlled websites, viewing galleries, social media platforms, and use the Entry as part of press releases. Further, submitting an Entry constitutes Participant’s waiver of all moral right in and to such Entry in favor of the Sponsor or anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use such Entry. The Participant represents and warrants that: (i) the Entry does not contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, profane or obscene, (ii) the Entry is original and all right, title, and interest (including copyright) therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by the Participant to the full extent necessary to enable the Sponsor to use the Entry as contemplated by these Rules; and (iii) the Entry does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party.
- By submitting the Entry to the Sponsor in connection with the Draw, the Participant shall retain all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Entry, and shall grant the Sponsor a worldwide, gratuitous, irrevocable, and exclusive license to copy, use, modify, reproduce, display, adapt and transmit the Entry for use in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning on the date of submission, including, but not limited to, in connection with the administration, promotion and exploitation of the Draw. The Participant hereby confirms that the Entry is an original work, solely created by the Participant, and that no third party participated as an author, co-author, photographer or otherwise in the creation of the Entry or any part thereof. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality, and all such liabilities shall remain with the Participant.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- If you are domiciled in Canada, these Rules shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein without regard to its choice of law provisions and all disputes hereunder shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario, Canada. If you are domiciled in the United States of America, these Rules shall be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois, and the laws of the United States of America applicable therein without regard to its choice of law provisions and all disputes hereunder shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the court of the State of Illinois, United States of America.
- The winner may be required to complete and sign a liability release or similar documents as outlined by Sponsor and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release which must be returned via email within ten (10) business days of receipt.
- By entering the Draw and in case of winning the Prize, the winner agrees to the use of his or her name, location and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, or amend the Draw, and these Rules effective immediately without notice in the event of an anticipated breach of any applicable laws or regulations, or any other event outside of the Sponsor’s control. Any changes to the Draw will be noted in these Rules.
- The Sponsor does not accept any responsibility for Entries that are not received.
- The Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and their respective affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives are not liable for faulty computer components, software or links, viruses, the loss or non-existence of communications capability, or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that render a Participant ineligible for this Contest. No responsibility will be taken for lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, destroyed or illegible Entries. Participants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate a Participant's eligibility to participate in this Contest.
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are completely released of all liability by each Participant in this Contest.
- For a copy of these Official Rules or any legally required winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Pets Plus Us® ATTN: Marketing Department –Best Friend Day Draw, 700-710 Dorval Drive, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 3V7, Canada if you are domiciled in Canada, or 3315 Algonquin Road, Suite 450, Rolling Meadows, IL, 60008, United States of America if you are domiciled in the United States of America. Rules and winner list requests must be received within six (6) months of the end of the Eligibility Period. No mechanically reproduced or photocopies requests allowed; only one (1) request per outer mailing envelope. Vermont residents may omit return postages for rules requests.
- This Draw is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- For questions about participation, please email email@example.com.
BY ENTERING THE DRAW, THE PARTICIPANT AGREES, ON BEHALF OF HIMSELF/HERSELF, HIS/HER HEIRS, EXECUTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, ASSIGNS, ADMINISTRATORS, AND NEXT OF KIN TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND TO RELEASE PETHEALTH SERVICES INC., PETHEALTH SERVICES (USA) INC., ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, PARENT COMPANIES AND AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO OR IN ANY WAY ARISING FROM THIS DRAW, PARTICIPATION IN ANY DRAW-RELATED ACTIVITY; AND/OR DELIVERY/MISDELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING WRONGFUL DEATH OR DISABILITY), DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY OTHER KIND.