About Pets Plus Us
We are a values-led, people-powered company with a fresh approach to insurance and corporate culture. We looked at the banal world of pet insurance and decided it needed a big shake-up. So we set out to do things differently and created a distinct offering with a pet owner community at its core. Our number one job is to serve the members of our community and keep them happy. It’s that simple. We thrive on a fun, fast and flexible working environment. Everyone on our team wears many hats and rolls up their sleeves to crack entrepreneurial challenges every day. We recognize and reward our people on the basis of living our values and achieving audacious goals.
Did we mention our offices are pet friendly?
About the Job
At Pets Plus Us, we are on a crusade to Champion Pet Owner Happiness. So to put it simply - your job, like all of our jobs, is to keep our members happy. We believe that with this as our core focus – we can become the fastest growing pet insurance company in Canada. Our success formula is this:
- Transform the perceived value of pet insurance
- Create a culture that ignites relentless innovation
- Cultivate a stronger, more connected pet owner community
No matter what your role is, you will have the opportunity to contribute to success in all of these areas. Of course there are other things we’ll need you to do specific to your role (we’ll get to that later).
- You are an AHT or RVT with experience in small animal primary care.
- You have 3 or more years of pet insurance claims experience or clinic experience.
- You understand Vet speak and are comfortable reading and interpreting medical records.
- You crave working in a fun, vibrant environment.
- The idea of doing something different every day excites you.
- You value an open, flat working environment – transparency is your weapon of choice. (And if you find yourself wondering how open and how flat - our executives don’t even have offices!)
- You will do what it takes to get the job done and are the reason clichés like “there is no ‘I’ in team” and ‘go the extra mile’ exist.
- You are fun and you make work fun for those around you.
- You see cats and dogs and have a Pavlovian desire to play with them.
- Keeping pet owners happy is what makes you wag your tail.
- Your positive energy is infectious.
- Able to talk to dogs and cats and convince their owners (members) that prevention and health coverage is what they are asking for.
- You have a self-taught Masters in ‘Pet Understanding’.
- Your enthusiasm for brilliant member service is 'Purr-fect'.
- You're a quick learner and always looking to learn new tricks.
- You own the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- You are comfortable using a computer and are familiar with Microsoft Office
Additionally, if you have the ability to speak (bark) French it would be an asset.
Sound like you? Well, Hello. Salut. Woof. Meow. We’d like to meet you!
If you’ve made it this far, we owe you more details about your role…
- Keep our members informed throughout the life of the claim and underwriting process.
- Provide brilliant service to our members and keep our promises.
- Work closely with other Customer Advocates and Pets Plus Us ‘pack’ leaders to champion pet owner happiness by providing brilliant member service.
- Address member concerns in accordance with the Pets Plus Us crusade.
- Accurate input of all communication and member data into Pets Plus Us customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
- What we are trying to say is you get things done the right way; you have fun and make work fun for those around you!
Here is what we expect you to achieve in this role...
We mentioned this earlier, but you’ll find that we are quite focused around our purpose as a business - your number one priority as part of the Pets Plus Us team is to Champion Pet Owner Happiness. You’ll find this goes hand in hand with living our five core values:
- 'Paws-itively' outrageous service
In your role, you will contribute to our growth and success as well as your growth and success through:
- Personal effectiveness, efficiency and self satisfaction
- Understanding and application of the Pet Plus Us brand values
- Achievement of productivity, sales, retention and member targets
- Always learning
- Application of the Pets Plus Us instincts
- Having fun
Based on experience (how excited do you get about pet treats?)
How to apply
Please complete this form and send it along with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 26, 2016. This is a permanent position based out of our Oakville, ON office.