About Pets Plus Us
We are a values-led, people-powered company with a fresh approach to insurance and corporate culture. We looked at the banal world of pet insurance and decided it needed a big shake-up. So we set out to do things differently and created a distinct offering with a pet owner community at its core. Our number one job is to serve the members of our community and keep them happy. It’s that simple. We thrive on a fun, fast and flexible working environment. Everyone on our team wears many hats and rolls up their sleeves to crack entrepreneurial challenges every day. We recognize and reward our people on the basis of living our values and achieving audacious goals.
Did we mention our offices are pet friendly?
About The Job
At Pets Plus Us, we are on a crusade to Champion Pet Owner Happiness. So to put it simply - your job, like all of our jobs, is to keep our members happy. We believe that with this as our core focus – we can continue to be the fastest growing pet insurance company in Canada. Our success formula is this:
- Transform the perceived value of pet insurance
- Create a culture that ignites relentless innovation and
- Cultivate a stronger, more connected pet owner community
No matter what your role is, you will have the opportunity to contribute to success in all of these areas. Of course there are other things we’ll need you to do specific to your role (we’ll get to that later).
- You are comfortable with the unknown and embrace change with arms wide open.
- The idea of doing something different every day excites you.
- Entrepreneur is your middle name (metaphorically is fine).
- You’re a natural, strategic risk taker and the living embodiment of ‘challenge the status quo’.
- You value an open, flat working environment – transparency is your weapon of choice. (And if you find yourself wondering how open and how flat - our executives don’t even have offices!)
- You will do what it takes to get the job done and are the reason clichés like “there is no ‘I’ in team” and ‘go the extra mile’ exist.
- You are fun and you make work fun for those around you.
- You see cats and dogs and have a Pavlovian desire to play with them.
- Keeping pet owners happy is what makes you wag your tail.
- Your enthusiasm for brilliant member service is ‘Purr-fect’.
- You’re a quick learner and always looking to learn new tricks.
- You crave working in a fun, vibrant environment.
- Your positive energy is more than just wagging your tail every day.
- You own the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
Sound like you? Well, Hello. Salut. Woof. Meow. We’d like to meet you!
What you will achieve in this role:
If you’ve made it this far, we owe you more details about your role…
Community is at the centre of the Pets Plus Us offering. The community is not one destination – it’s an ecosystem that includes the website, social portals, blogs, partners and more. The Community Enthusiast will be responsible for being the “voice” of Pets Plus Us in social media channels and online customer service situations. This includes working with the team in delivering branded, fresh and relevant content.
You will also work closely with the other members of the marketing group along with management, designers and external partners to identify content opportunities and ensuring engagement tactics are optimized. You will have experience in social engagement and understand how digital communities work together with other marketing activities to deliver on business objectives.
What you bring to this role:
Here is what we expect you to achieve in this role...
We mentioned this earlier, but you’ll find that we are quite focused around our purpose as a business - your number one priority as part of the Pets Plus Us team is to Champion Pet Owner Happiness. You’ll find this goes hand in hand with living our five core values:
- Paws-itively’ outrageous service
In your role, you will contribute to our growth and success by:
- Building the community voice by executing the social media editorial calendar, lead-generation initiatives and community building tactics;
- Developing relationships with linked-partners in social media;
- Participating in engagement opportunities on-the-street such as consumer shows (i.e. Woofstock);
- Understanding business and marketing objectives as well as audiences in order to identify opportunities that can further these objectives;
- Understanding and compliance with social media policies and escalation process;
- Being a strong communicator;
- Helping to develop and deliver creative/content that is brand and legally compliant for the digital assets to attract our audience(s);
- Demonstrating resourcefulness in responding quickly to challenges with the right solution;
- Contributing to the design and development of digital sites, in line with business and legislative requirements and technological developments;
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales;
- Working with the business to identify, understand, agree and prepare appropriate content for digital properties;
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media Campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results;
- Working with stakeholders, both internal and external to enable the development, maintenance and delivery of creative and engaging content to meet current and future business needs;
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy;
- Continuously managing and monitoring member and other user feedback to ensure all content is delivering against the required business objectives including increasing followers on Facebook (Likes), Twitter (Followers), Instagram, Pinterest etc.; and
- Participating in measurement, analysis and reporting activity for channels.
Qualifications, Experience & Other Requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills;
- 5 or more years’ experience in working in social media;
- Advanced skills in Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, SnapChat, YouTube, Hootsuite, Google +, iTunes Podcasting, Wishpond
- Ability to write short messages and longer copy pieces (blogs, reviews);
- Ability to create, host and record weekly podcasts;
- Ability to create, edit, post and make searchable, videos for the Pets Plus Us website, YouTube channel and other social platforms;
- Ability to compose, take and edit photographs for the Pets Plus Us website, marketing materials and social platforms;
- Ability to multitask, work independently and as part of a team in a highly deadline driven environment; and
- Flexible in work schedule.
Based on experience (how excited do you get about pet treats?)
Occupational hazards at Pets Plus Us
Your co-workers may have a pet cuter than yours.
How to apply
Please complete this form and send it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 27, 2016. This is a permanent position based out of our Oakville, ON office.